Monday, February 2, 2009

First post

Hello everyone,

So this is my first post. To give some perspective on this blog, you need to know where I am coming from.

I used to hate TV. Thought it was a waste of time for people that did not value productivity. Then I worked. I worked 18 hours a day for 13 months. In this stretch, I began to truly value down time. I found myself missing certain characters in my life: Dr. Perry Cox, Dr. Gregory House, Liz Lemon, and Jack Donaghy.

So when I returned to school after my stint in the work force, I had some time on my hands. With some reflection, I realized something about TV:

"Most of TV is awful. But there are a few shows out there that are incredible. And the advantage of just starting to follow these shows means I have a lot to catch up on."

So there are three aspects of this blog that I will maintain. First, I will write updates on the plot and character development of new episodes of select shows. Second, I will update as I catch up on shows that I am behind on. Third, I will write random comments on tv or movies that are not from the select few that I follow.

The goal: to stir conversation on some of the characters and stories that are dear to my heart. To those that do not follow these shows, I hope the conversations in this forum lead you to start watching.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to comment on Gossip Girl? I hear it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gossip Girl is not stupid, Bradley. You should give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete